Liam Posted July 10, 2014 Posted July 10, 2014 Had some training today, it's just a shame that the data wasn't up to date. I can't force a manual transfer as I keep getting the above error message. The scheduled task runs but obviously a similar message is being recieved. I'm stumped. I have tried everything other than a reinstall of the discover server. Any suggestions before I go ahead and do this? Thanks
round2it Posted July 10, 2014 Posted July 10, 2014 i had something similar after an upgrade. the issue was a dodgy config file cant remember which one will check tomorrow
Liam Posted July 10, 2014 Author Posted July 10, 2014 That does make sense. I would really appreciate it as it is following an upgrade. Thanks
round2it Posted July 10, 2014 Posted July 10, 2014 will discover run on the server ? mine did but clients got upset
Liam Posted July 10, 2014 Author Posted July 10, 2014 No it wont run on the server. But it does on the clients. It says catalog failed to load. So I assume there is a dodgy file
round2it Posted July 10, 2014 Posted July 10, 2014 will check tomorrow for you. it was a simple entry in a config file that broke discover for me.
round2it Posted July 11, 2014 Posted July 11, 2014 (edited) ok the file I had issues with was Discover.Designer.Desktop.exe.local.config c:\programdata\discover change your server and database names in the file mine now reads (please check line for line as it was something or nothing i had to change sorry cant remember what though Edited July 11, 2014 by round2it
round2it Posted July 11, 2014 Posted July 11, 2014 is every line the same? i had to delete 2 characters out of my old config file to get it working i would remove discover completely and reinstall its a quick job and wont affect sims
Liam Posted July 12, 2014 Author Posted July 12, 2014 Nothing a uninstall and reinstall can't solve. I assume permissions went a little screwy. Anyway thanks for your help
Jons Posted October 7, 2014 Posted October 7, 2014 Yes I had this problem, my solution was - ON THE SERVER- Uninsall SIMS Discover services from add/remove progs. Run the Discover CD setup, server typical installation with SERVER\SIMS2008 or SERVER\SIMS2012 etc Note the first screen asks for the database - Discover The second screen looks identical but is asking for the SIMS database Then I immediately ran the Discover client on the server (useful) and the databases actually validate (often don't on a remote client) Then you should have a proper icon for Discover Transfer Utility and Discover Client in the SIMS folder on the start menu Then the transfer worked first time... Cheers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now