yhttech Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 I would like to use the VAMT to activate my new Windows 7/Office 2013 deployment with my MAK product keys. My image has the windows firewall service disabled totally. I can discover my workstations any way I want to, however the only way that I can successfully use the tool to complete activation is by using the IP address. I've put the SRV record into my DNS server, and I still can't get a workstation imported by name communicate with the system. If I add the IP addresses of the system, I can update the license info and activate both Windows and Office. While this is workable, a database just with IP addresses in it isn't that helpful when researching licensing issues. Any ideas?
3s-gtech Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 Perhaps start with DNS - are lookups correct including the purging of stale records etc?
yhttech Posted July 3, 2014 Author Posted July 3, 2014 Hmm. Looked into it, records are good. The error I get when trying to use the actual workstation's name is that it is unable to connect to the WMI service on the remote machine, which leads usually to firewall, but if it was a firewall problem, using the IP address wouldn't work either. Nothing in the workstation's event logs either to point me in the right direction.
yhttech Posted July 7, 2014 Author Posted July 7, 2014 Yes, I've tried it both ways. Same error, no errors in logs on PC to point me in right direction.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now