alan-d Posted June 24, 2014 Posted June 24, 2014 We had 16 Seats of V7.1 registered on a version 6 licence server but needed to add 10 more seats of version 7.5. From reading up it was suggested that we deactivate and uninstall the current licence server which we did. We installed Sibelius Licence Server version 7.5 but when we try and activate either the 16 seat information or the 10 seat information it says that it is unable to connect to the internet. We went through the process of creating a .bin file and using that but all we get is 'Failed to process your request. Please contact an Avid Customer Representative' Any suggestions would be appreciated.
TomYBG Posted June 24, 2014 Posted June 24, 2014 Hi alan-d From reading the article at Avid License Control: "Failed to process your request" when activating it sounds as though it's stuck trying to activate through a blocked port (TCP 3443). Make sure you've got the latest version of the License Server to ensure you have any bug-fixes that may have been released - i.e. the "backup" method of activation over the internet. Failing that, of course, keep trying the license bin file download - check the folder permissions to ensure that the service isn't prevented from updating the information on disk. Hope this helps, Tom. 1
alan-d Posted June 24, 2014 Author Posted June 24, 2014 Hi Tom I don't think it's a Port issue as it was working with V6 and 7.1. I've tried the .bin files several times, downloaded on different machines etc. I have Avid on the case at the moment looking into it, but if anyone has any other suggestions (Apart from the usual expletives!) I'd be grateful.
geraintpowell Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 Ive been through this myself. theres a file that needs to be deleted, Wheres a reply to an email i recieved from avid whilst i was in the process: Hi Geraint, You should be able to open Avid Licence Control on that machine and click Deactivate next to the Sibelius Licence Server If you are unable to do this you can deactivate manually by following this: Windows * Click Start * Type %programdata% * Navigate to Avid > Licences * Delete the Sibelius folder You will have to let me know when you have done this and I will make some changes at this end. You do need to be involved with the techies in avid to do this. just ask to merge 2 sets of licenses 1
alan-d Posted July 8, 2014 Author Posted July 8, 2014 I've been through all the pulling teeth motions with Avid and deleting the Licence files was early on in the process. I've got 7.5 control panel and all the 7.5 clients working as they should on a different port. The 7.1 clients are all working. I have the 7.1 control panel installed but most of it is greyed out and useless. As we don't use the control panel I'm not too fussed. As for merging the two, well school won't pay and the music department won't downgrade so they stay as they are.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now