hardanst Posted June 17, 2014 Posted June 17, 2014 Hi All, Has anyone else came across the issue of students being able to access other students Home Areas via Word 10 & 13 (Haven't tested it on 07). this is done by navigating to: (Have any saved document open) File > Info > (Related Documents) Open File Location. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any Group Policies I could use to restrict users from seeing this? I'm hoping someone does know of a GPO as I don't really want to be altering student profile permissions during term time. I look forward to hearing from you all Regards Dan
Joanne Posted June 17, 2014 Posted June 17, 2014 To get office group policies you have to download the ADX (or whatevs) policies and import them... Download Office 2010 Administrative Template files (ADM, ADMX/ADML) and Office Customization Tool download from Official Microsoft Download Center This is how you add them into the console if you haven't done it before: Adding the admx files from Office 2010 admin templates into your GPMC | Musings of an IT Pro I imagine your answer will be there somewhere. A good temp fix for now
timbo343 Posted June 17, 2014 Posted June 17, 2014 Sounds to me like you havent got your security settings set correctly.
synaesthesia Posted June 17, 2014 Posted June 17, 2014 That's indeed security - that pane is just standard windows explorer, and a matter of permissions.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now