ADMaster Posted June 4, 2014 Posted June 4, 2014 Hello all, I’m using VM’s to test and build my new images. I cannot get windows 8.1 x86 to install in a VM. The install appears to succeed but then I get an error saying the computer tried to boot multiple times with error code 0xc0000001 My VM host is 2012 r2 I can create a gen 2 VM that will install w81 x64, and I have a gen 1 VM that will install both w7 x86 and x64. I’ve also tried on VMware esx 5 and received the same error. The images is good because I tested it on a physical machine and it worked just fine. My preferred vm environment is hyper-v, any suggestions for getting the w81x86 images to deploy to a VM? Thanks,
LeMarchand Posted June 4, 2014 Posted June 4, 2014 You can definitely use Virtualbox as a host (that's how I do my images).
Arthur Posted June 4, 2014 Posted June 4, 2014 I cannot get windows 8.1 x86 to install in a VM. The images is good because I tested it on a physical machine and it worked just fine. Just to be clear, you installed Windows 8.1 (x86) in a Gen 1. VM, sysprep'd/captured the image and then received a 0xc0000001 error after the image was deployed to the same VM?
ADMaster Posted June 4, 2014 Author Posted June 4, 2014 @Arthur No, I did not sys prep and capture and no I did not get it to install in a gen 1 VM via MDT. This is just the source files imported as an image to do a base install. I’ve done a bit more testing and here are the results Gen 1 VM has ISO as install media will install a clean version of w81x86 Gen 1 VM PXE booted via MDT installs windows but will not fully boot I get this error see attached. I mounted the same ISO and imported the source files into MDT again, and created a new task sequence. No modifications to the task sequence, just added the admin password, and the org name was already populated. This gave the same error, but what settings to check. On one hand the VM is just fine because it will install windows from ISO On the other hand MDT is just fine because it will install w81x86 on a physical machine just fine. Thanks,
ADMaster Posted June 16, 2014 Author Posted June 16, 2014 I just thought I post an update to this thread. It is all moot now. I finally got SCCM OSD working and I was able to deploy the image to the gen 1 VM with no issues.
ADMaster Posted June 25, 2014 Author Posted June 25, 2014 I just want to update everyone on this. I never did figure out the MDT issue, but I’ve got OSD working with SCCM now, and it images the hyper-v VM. I now have a place to test my images. Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now