Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

I have a new 2012R2 domain and a 2012R2 test domain, by default on both domains users appear to be able to run .msi. I have tried installing a .exe and that get's an administrator prompt but not .msi. I have configured Computer configuration >policies>administrative template>Windows components>Windows installer>Turn off windows installer (enabled, for non managed applications only) but to no avail.

I have run group policy modelling and the policy is applying and winning.

 

Any ideas please?

 

Thanks,

Jertsy

Posted
I have just set 'basic user' in userconfig>policies>Windows settings>security settings>Software restriction policies>security levels. It was on 'unrestricted'. I'm currently testing to make sure this does not have any adverse affect on pushing software out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...