Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

BBC News - Warhol works recovered from old Amiga disks

 

A dozen previously unknown works created by Andy Warhol have been recovered from 30-year-old Amiga disks.The art experiments were produced in 1985 by Warhol under commission from Commodore - creator of the Amiga computer.

Commodore paid the artist to produce a series of works to aid the launch of the Amiga 1000.

A painstaking three-year project was required to recover the images which were saved in an obscure data format.

 

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/74413000/jpg/_74413533_1_andy_warhol_andy2_1985_awf.jpg

 

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/74413000/jpg/_74413537_3_andy_warhol_venus_1985_awf.jpg

  • Thanks 2
Posted

Nice!

 

The discovery and recovery project has been filmed for a documentary that will be shown on 10 May at a public lecture at the Carnegie Library lecture hall in Pittsburgh. Soon afterwards, the documentary will be put online at Hillman Photography Initiative.

 

I'm quite curious to see the magnetic imaging technique they used to read the disks to prevent damage to them.

Posted
I think we've still got a couple of dozen here. They're mainly used to show new apprentices how easy they've got it!

 

Do you make them install Windows 3.1 with them?

Posted
There are so many reason why I love my Amgia. This is just one more of them, my other favorite is Amigas being used to render the CGI in the early series of Babylon 5 :)

 

And Seaquest DSV! Which was incredibly 90s, but I was like, ten at the time. I loved that show.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...