pixellip Posted April 14, 2014 Posted April 14, 2014 Hi there Not long to go until our Easter break eh! I am forever having to go to machines and install software in a repetitive manner....and this is always true during school holidays. We had varying degrees of success with Orca....but sometimes you just can't MSI stuff properly. I've looked at so many macro type programs....is there a good one you can recommend please? I would prefer it so if you move a mouse and enter keystrokes it mimics it on all the other pcs......at the same time ( rather than running some kind of macro ). Any suggestions greatly welcome....just something simple and possibly free if it exists! Thanks
ninjashadow Posted April 14, 2014 Posted April 14, 2014 We use PDQ deploy and it works a treat... give it a shot. 1
dhicks Posted April 14, 2014 Posted April 14, 2014 I would prefer it so if you move a mouse and enter keystrokes it mimics it on all the other pcs......at the same time ( rather than running some kind of macro ). Any suggestions greatly welcome....just something simple and possibly free if it exists! I tend to use AutoIT for this kind of thing: AutoItScript - AutoItScript Website
RobD Posted April 14, 2014 Posted April 14, 2014 We normally batch if we can otherwise we've used Impero before with keyboard mimic!
ninjashadow Posted April 15, 2014 Posted April 15, 2014 its a pleasure, We are all here to help each other... Hope you find a solution. As i know what it is like to install software on each and every computer in a lab. I used to have to do OS's like that... Best of luck
cooka Posted April 23, 2014 Posted April 23, 2014 Popular software will have silent switches available. Just batch them up and run them silently at startup / logon 1
gavins38 Posted April 23, 2014 Posted April 23, 2014 If you've got a bit of time to invest setting it up, I've had some success installing exe's across the network using WPKG | Open Source Software Deployment and Distribution
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now