Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm trying to create a script to return a list of users that have an empty pager field.

 

I've tried using the following:

Get-ADuser -filter {(pager -notlike "*")} | Select-Object givenname,surname,pager

Which returns a list of users with nothing under pager. Now that looks like the result I need but I then double checked with a query of all users with something in the pager field.

Get-ADuser -filter {(pager -like "*")} | Select-Object givenname,surname,pager

 

This returns a list of users still with nothing under the pager field.

No matter what I do I can't get anything under the pager field. I've tried with an LDAPfilter using pager and Phone-Pager-Primary. I'm pretty sure I haven't been using the correct attribute name.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted

I assume you mean "though the query is returning the correct users (with something in the pager field), it's not printing the value of the pager field", correct?

 

By default, Get-ADUser Bob (for example) only returns a brief amount of into which doesn't include the pager field. Since you're not asking for the info, it'll never be printed in your results. Get-ADUser -Properities * Bob would return all the info about Bob. Get-ADUser -Properties pager Bob would return brief info about Bob including his pager value (if populated).

 

Get-ADuser -Properties pager -filter {(pager -like "*")} | Select-Object givenname,surname,pager

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...