dagza Posted October 18, 2007 Posted October 18, 2007 Hello. I have a couple of quick questions that I am looking for help with: I have seen sharepoint take the users windows logon details as authentication rather than prompting for a password. Anyone able to offer advice on setting this up? Also, does anyone know how I can get hold of a webpart which interacts with serco's cmis? TIA Darren
john Posted October 18, 2007 Posted October 18, 2007 CMIS webparts are still in development I belive, testing is with some schools down south still I belive, I think Grumbledook knows more?! As for the authentication, mine picked it up automatically as it just found my Exchange box and AD structure and did it all itself
dagza Posted October 24, 2007 Author Posted October 24, 2007 Thanks for the response. I may chase up Gumbledook for more info if he does not post a response :-) Another problem has arisen. I wonder if anyone out there has had the same issue and knows of a solution: When a teacher creates a website for a class the students don't appear to have access to it. The box is ticked which asks about adding existing students as members (I forget the exact wording) but when a student clicks on the site in their list of classes they just get prompted over and over for a username and password. Strangely when they go into site settings they can see the site in a list. They can then click on it and access and modify the site. Anyone any thoughts on any of this? Darren
Netman Posted October 24, 2007 Posted October 24, 2007 Go into IIS, pull up the properties for your Portal, on the directory security tab check under authentication and access control that anonymous access is disabled and integrated windows authentication is ticked... that should do it...
dagza Posted October 29, 2007 Author Posted October 29, 2007 Go into IIS, pull up the properties for your Portal, on the directory security tab check under authentication and access control that anonymous access is disabled and integrated windows authentication is ticked... that should do it... That's great, thanks. This appears to have sorted out the sign on but may have caused a couple of other problems 8O Now when we log on from outside we have to type in the domain before the user name. Anyone know of a way to fix this? Also the class server client no longer connects to the site over the internet (it works from inside school). It claims it can't find the URL. Of course this could just be a coincidence but nothing else has changed to the best of my knowledge. Anyone?
GrumbleDook Posted October 29, 2007 Posted October 29, 2007 The last I had on CMIS web parts was that they were still in pilot, and hosted MSLG suppliers were still not getting much joy with having a final date for implementation. I am not aware of any costs being sorted yet either ... and a price list is a sure sign something s ready to go! I will ask again.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now