lovelldr Posted January 17, 2014 Posted January 17, 2014 Hey guys. So, I noticed that there was the update for Adobe Reader, so I download the installer, extract the files from it using: AdbeRdr11006_en_US.exe -nos_o"C:\adbe" -nos_ne I then the admin install files by using the following commands: msiexec.exe /a AcroRead.msi /qn TARGETDIR="P:\GPO Installers\Reader\XI\11.0.06" msiexec.exe /a AcroRead.msi /qb /p AdbeRdrUpd11006.msp TARGETDIR="P:\GPO Installers\Reader\XI\11.0.06" I then started to create the Software Installation changes in the gpo. When adding the msi, previously, it's always come up as Adobe Reader XI (11.0.05). But, this time, it came up as Adobe Reader XI (without the version number). So, I added the number manually, and went through adding the mst etc. Came to a PC it deployed on, and checked the version, and it came up as 11.0.00. Weird, so I check the file properties, and it comes up as 11.0.06.70?! Back in Reader, and click on the version number, and this then changes to 11.0.06.70: I checked on a PC where I installed directly from the exe, and it comes up fine: So, is there something I did wrong?! Anyone else have this problem?! Anything I can do to get it to show the correct version?! Or is it just a bug?! Many thanks David
sonofsanta Posted January 20, 2014 Posted January 20, 2014 Can't say I saw any issues with it; the only difference is that I started from the MSI from the distribution page and used that to create the administrative install point of 11.000 to patch with 11.0.06. I would say that, if your DLLs report the correct version, it's probably just a display bug.
ADMaster Posted January 20, 2014 Posted January 20, 2014 Also from the distribution page you can get the 11.06 update msp. About 20MB vs 200+MB I've not checked add / remove programs but opening adobe > Help > about shows 11.06
kennysarmy Posted January 22, 2014 Posted January 22, 2014 I've used these instructions in the past: Deploy Adobe Reader 11.0.4 with ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 |
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now