Dos_Box Posted October 5, 2007 Posted October 5, 2007 This as a fanstatic job with varied roles. You get to play with Macs, HD video equipment as well as manageing a Windows network withh lots of bells and whistles (Think NetSupport DNA\Manager), a SAN and other nice things I specced for it. http://www3.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/vacancies/vacancyDetails.asp?id=28569 We got a poor turn out last time the post was up, so there is a good chance that if you are upto the task then your prospects are good.
SimpleSi Posted October 5, 2007 Posted October 5, 2007 Nice job - salary looks good 11 month temp appointment regards Simon
Dos_Box Posted October 5, 2007 Author Posted October 5, 2007 Renewed annually. I'm on a temp contract y'know. 5 years and counting
SimpleSi Posted October 6, 2007 Posted October 6, 2007 I'm on a temp contract y'know. 5 years and counting I think you need to be talking to your union rep regards Simon
Geoff Posted October 6, 2007 Posted October 6, 2007 Yeah temp contracts should automatically turn into full time contracts after 3(?) years continuous service.
john Posted October 6, 2007 Posted October 6, 2007 hmmm sounds a nice job, but I don't have a CCNA and ain't worked for the BBC :'( Is it still worth applying even though I don't have them though ?
SimpleSi Posted October 6, 2007 Posted October 6, 2007 Always worth applying for a job if you'd like to do it. Go for a look around and find out what they really want from you - job adverts rarely portray the real job I'd go for it myself (I worked for BBC in previous life) but I don't know enough about computers And I can't stand Access regards Simon
john Posted October 6, 2007 Posted October 6, 2007 I don't mind access, would rather play with Vista and Server 2008 but hey Access ain't that bad. I will think more tomorrow....
torledo Posted October 29, 2007 Posted October 29, 2007 This as a fanstatic job with varied roles. You get to play with Macs, HD video equipment as well as manageing a Windows network withh lots of bells and whistles (Think NetSupport DNA\Manager), a SAN and other nice things I specced for it. http://www3.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/vacancies/vacancyDetails.asp?id=28569 We got a poor turn out last time the post was up, so there is a good chance that if you are upto the task then your prospects are good. Out of interest what is your SAN ?
torledo Posted October 29, 2007 Posted October 29, 2007 Dell\EMC 150i (iSCSI) oh dear. I made a similar mistake a few years ago..bought an Adaptec ISA1500 iscsi box (with 4, count 'em just 4!!!! 250gig SATA disks). Never again. We both should have talked to DMcCoy - although not sure management would have approved a £20K+ clariion SAN.
Geoff Posted October 29, 2007 Posted October 29, 2007 Dell\EMC 150i (iSCSI) oh dear. I made a similar mistake a few years ago..bought an Adaptec ISA1500 iscsi box (with 4, count 'em just 4!!!! 250gig SATA disks). Never again. Heh, I did warn him at the time.
torledo Posted October 29, 2007 Posted October 29, 2007 Dell\EMC 150i (iSCSI) oh dear. I made a similar mistake a few years ago..bought an Adaptec ISA1500 iscsi box (with 4, count 'em just 4!!!! 250gig SATA disks). Never again. Heh, I did warn him at the time. yes. the AX150i is an absolute dog. My advice is if you don't have the money for a proper entry level FC or iSCSI array for SAN implementation go with a SATA or SAS shelf. Minimum FC arrays should be a HDS AMS200 or IBM DS4700 or similar. XRAID just scrapes through as acceptable but the AX150i is a big no no.
Dos_Box Posted October 29, 2007 Author Posted October 29, 2007 I disagree. The SAN has yet to let us down and is very reliable. You just have to read the documentation!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now