AnnDroyd Posted October 2, 2007 Posted October 2, 2007 (edited) I've never used Citrix Server, so could do with some expert opinions on this one... We have advisors that come into the school on a regular basis, and want to have access to databases stored at their office on Citrix sytems. Their IT people have requested that I open additional ports on our firewall in order to allow this to work. Am I correct in thinking that rather than using client software, they could configure their servers to allow web access? This would allow their advisors to access their systems remotely via a web browser and would eliminate the need to submit additional change requests. Edited May 11, 2008 by AnnDroyd
Geoff Posted October 2, 2007 Posted October 2, 2007 See this Citrix KB article. http://support.citrix.com/kb/entry!default.jspa?categoryID=118&entryID=2075
AnnDroyd Posted October 2, 2007 Author Posted October 2, 2007 So can you use a web browser instead, and avoid opening extra ports?
Ric_ Posted October 2, 2007 Posted October 2, 2007 @jwood: It depends upon how it is set up... isaserver.org also has some useful info.
Geoff Posted October 2, 2007 Posted October 2, 2007 Yeah, it basically depends if they have configured it for SSL or not.
Ric_ Posted October 2, 2007 Posted October 2, 2007 @Geoff: I think that there is also a load-blancing issue but I suspect that Connexions use Secure Gateway so the web access method will work.
Geoff Posted October 2, 2007 Posted October 2, 2007 Yes, I assumed either that or the Access Gateway. In any case it's trivial to loadbalance IIS for citrix.
Ric_ Posted October 2, 2007 Posted October 2, 2007 @Geoff: It is the load-balancing of Citrix as opposed to IIS that is the problem... the machine you log on to is not necessarily the one you initially connect to.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now