Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi Guys

Hoping I came to correct place

I can basically search on internet and find solutions myself but I haven't got time as very sort notice I have e-safety audit coming

I am newbie to server administration industries

 

I had quick look in domain policy / security tools /etc. but when I start reading & digest all in my brain I initially forget what I was looking for, to much choice & now I am well confuse & lost.

 

1) Can somebody help I want to restrict access to internet / network (server 2003 domain environment DNS/DHCP etc.) at minute any one can come in pickup CAT5 cable and connect to PC/Laptop & they can easily access Internet How do I STOP This, Should ask log-in to network if this happens?

 

2) How to I lock user computers if they been inactive for say 15 min? I tried this by some GPO but then it locks it every 15 min no matter if they active or not?

 

As I said I am running out of time (Plenty other things but I can work on those by my knowledge) only two days before we break-up for Christmas holiday I haven't got time to search internet otherwise I would have done & not posted this here.

 

Please understand the situation and help will be much appreciated

 

Smitesh

UK

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...