Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Howdo,

 

Really not sure if here is the best place for this so apologies if need be.

 

One of the schools I support is running Papercut, and they wanted to use the watermarking feature which prints the username of who printed at the bottom of the page...problem is their printer's drivers don't support this feature.

 

So I am looking for any alternatives you guys know of or use. I'm looking myself but thought I'd put feelers out on here.

 

Cheers,

 

Jack

Posted

This is a super tough problem. I've been asking for years and I was under the impression that ONLY papercut could solve this. (I don't have papercut) if the printer driver allows for a watermark it might be customisable enough for this then you could use GPP to alter the users .ini or reg settings? (Long shot)

 

I heard but never tried altering the office default templates to include usernames...

 

I'm using printer tracking included with my sharp printers, NO username but time and date allows me to find the user if the print is inappropriate.

Posted

Hi,

 

Sorry but I can't honestly remember off the top of my head, and I'm not back until the new year.

 

The problem with Papercut was that although the printers were using PCL5/6 drivers, once Papercut inspected the drivers they deemed them to not be proper PCL5/6 but just wrapped up to function similarly.

 

Jack

Posted
My papercut 11.8 doesn't inspect the drivers. I turn watermarking on and the printer either starts churning out error pages or it works, depending on the driver.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...