Stuart-Hannah Posted November 25, 2013 Posted November 25, 2013 Good Morning All! After spending the whole weekend programming, I have a rather annoying headache! The things we do for our students! We are looking at teaching the students Python and I have installed the Python GUI tool but I'm look to see if there is a compiler so that the finished code can be run and the students can see the results. Any ideas? (Would bang head on desk, but I already have a headache!) Stuart
localzuk Posted November 25, 2013 Posted November 25, 2013 Python is an interpreted language, not a compiled one. So, there isn't a "compiler" as such. To run a python file you'd run it like "python filename.py" in a command prompt.
localzuk Posted November 25, 2013 Posted November 25, 2013 FrontPage - py2exe.org Does py2exe actually "compile"? Or does it just package everything up into an easy to use exe?
CyberNerd Posted November 25, 2013 Posted November 25, 2013 Does py2exe actually "compile"? Or does it just package everything up into an easy to use exe? It's an interpreted language.... It bundles all the libraries that you are using into a packaged .exe
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now