localzuk Posted November 19, 2013 Posted November 19, 2013 As we've mostly migrated to non-SMART kit in our classrooms, we are looking to re-unify our IWB software across the school. So, is anyone using Open Sankore? Or RM EasyTeach NG? We have a huge collection of .notebook files, so we would like staff to be able to 'view' these - which I understand we can do with their express software. What are other schools doing in moving away from SMART?
fiza Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 @localzuk - Did you go with open Sankore? If not what have you started using? We are looking at moving away from Smart. Just saw the new Epson interactive (pen and touch) projector at BETT and it may be a contender.
chazzy2501 Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 I have 11 Epson Interactive projectors. Nice WXGA res and 2 pen touch work well. The advantage of no special board means that the teacher has the option to use the board without the projector if they need. No shadow or glare as it's ultra short throw. The education version has a 5 year warranty the wall mount bracket is included and new bulbs last 4000 hours and cost £80! I'm typically getting a 80" image which is super bright and huge works even in a well lit room. Using normal glossy whiteboards is no issue thanks to the projectors placement. The only let down is that Epson's own software for the projector is laggy in Windows. (this lead me at first to dislike the projector.) I got my projectors for £950 (exVAT) each. 1
localzuk Posted January 24, 2014 Author Posted January 24, 2014 We haven't settled on anything yet, meaning we're in a state of limbo at the moment (other more pressing things are taking precedence). Those are the projectors we use now @chazzy2501. But it leaves us with the SMART Notebook problem, as we can't use it on them without an £800pa collaborative license *per device*. 1
fiza Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 I have 11 Epson Interactive projectors. Nice WXGA res and 2 pen touch work well. The advantage of no special board means that the teacher has the option to use the board without the projector if they need. No shadow or glare as it's ultra short throw. The education version has a 5 year warranty the wall mount bracket is included and new bulbs last 4000 hours and cost £80! I'm typically getting a 80" image which is super bright and huge works even in a well lit room. Using normal glossy whiteboards is no issue thanks to the projectors placement. The only let down is that Epson's own software for the projector is laggy in Windows. (this lead me at first to dislike the projector.) I got my projectors for £950 (exVAT) each. So which software are your teachers using if any? I will be looking at the EB595Wi Press releases - Newsroom - Epson Had a demo at BETT and it looks the business!!
chazzy2501 Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 Only epsons own IWB software is laggy (white board, reveal, etc.) Turn it off and the pen works great. I tell teachers to annotate a blank Power point now for flipchart style use. Web browsing and paint also work great. I have a video training sample I made for staff somewhere...I'll put a link to my O365 sharepoint which I'm still experimenting with https://beaminstersch-public.sharepoint.com/test-page-1
plexer Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 There's also the new Classflow from Promethean which is device agnostic http://www.classflow.com Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now