sted Posted November 14, 2013 Posted November 14, 2013 can anyone think of a way of reading in a string then outputting it back stripping out any commas? I have an inventory script and Samsung put a ~@*&ing , in their name which means it blows all my table formatting to pieces
pcstru Posted November 14, 2013 Posted November 14, 2013 (edited) The replace function? What am I missing? something like : output=replace(input,",","") Edited November 14, 2013 by pcstru 1
sted Posted November 14, 2013 Author Posted November 14, 2013 The replace function? What am I missing? in all probability nothing just something ive never needed before lol
sted Posted November 14, 2013 Author Posted November 14, 2013 (edited) The replace function? What am I missing? something like : output=replace(input,",","") quick test with partial code (just the bit I need on the affected laptop typically the heads lol) shows it works now up to v8 of a script I only did v1 for a few weeks ago lol even simpler though input=replace(input,",","") Edited November 14, 2013 by sted
LosOjos Posted November 14, 2013 Posted November 14, 2013 Might be worth bookmarking this site: VBScript Language Reference The beauty of VBS being so simple is that just by scanning function names in a list, 9 times out of 10 you'll find what you need. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now