Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Exchange 2012 Database Store Device ??


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi,

 

I'm testing my first Exchange 2013 Server.

 

Can I get your opinion please on where I should store the mail database (s) for 100 users:

 

Hardware is as follows:

 

Exchange Server is a VM

 

We have:

 

300Gb storage available on the VM Host

or

12tb File server (Not SAN, standard server, 4 port ethernet)

or

16tb NAS (2 port ethernet)

 

 

Server will be used for internal and external mail

 

 

Where is the best place for me to store the database for the best results ???

 

All comments welcome, thank you.

Edited by mikkydoos
Posted

Why not just use local storage, for a real answer you have to make sure the disks can handle the IOPS using Jetstress etc...loading profile and the rest of it.

 

For 100 users, I'd be looking into a DAG? Thought about HA/FT or jst performance?>

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...