Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

We bought a Dell Latitude ST last year to try out, but it didn't suit our needs in the end. Frankly, it isn't a very good tablet as despite having an SSD (64GB) the underpowered Atom processor makes it a bit sluggish. I could also never get the wireless to work on Windows 8; it only works on Windows 7.

 

If that hasn't put you off, or if you bought a few of them and would like a spare, I'd rather it go to someone here than on eBay. It will come with no OS installed but has a Windows 7 Home Premium COA. Not sure on the warranty status as the Dell support site helpfully displays "Warranty information for this product is not available" when I put in the Service Tag.

 

We also bought the official charging dock for it which has AC in, wired Ethernet, HDMI out, 3x additional USB sockets, and a headphone/speaker jack.

 

All in practically mint condition, £100 for the lot, plus shipping (free if you can pick up from Reading).

Edited by JSchlackman
Posted
Sorry, should have made that clear: this is a school sale. However, we are an independent so VAT has been paid on the original purchase.

 

Does that mean someone can buy it for personal use?

Posted (edited)
I don't see why not. Pretty sure we still accept personal cheques, or you can pay by bank transfer if you prefer. Will check with the Bursary tomorrow. Edited by JSchlackman
Posted

Apologies for not getting back about this sooner: our accountant has been dealing with our annual financial audit so has been a bit busy. Bank transfer is the preferred option, personal cheque if you want but I won't be allowed to send until it clears. We can also accept CC payment over the phone but there is a 2.5% surcharge which we would have to ask you to cover.

 

I have had another expression of interest by PM but it's only right I give @newpersn first refusal.

 

More specs on the tablet are here: Latitude ST | Dell UK. For some reason the processor isn't listed on that page: it's an Atom Z670

 

Postage is likely to be between £10-15 (mainland UK only).

  • 2 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...