Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
Ive currently got a 6230i, very good phone but am wanting to get a new one, but cant decide. Am wanting another nokia but one that aint going to let me down. Am looking at either the 6300 http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/3325231/Nokia-6300-Sim-Free-Mobile-Phone/Product.html or the 6120 classic http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/-/528/685/-/3474055/Nokia-6120-Classic-Sim-Free-Unlocked-Mobile-Phone/Product.html?searchtype=genre. What would other people recommend?
Posted

Another vote for the 6300 here. Got one last month from the Link on £35.00pm with 500 mins & 500 txts + Free broadband (already with orange so was easy to setup) + Free XBOX360 with Forza 2

 

Very smart looking phone, sliver with blue LEDs - can't go wrong :D and quality well made feel, especially compared to the other nokia models I was looking at. N73 / E65

Posted
What is it with people doing that? I've had it alot in the past where i've recommended one thing' date=' and then they get something else on the untrained PCWoe salesdrone's sayso.[/quote']
Posted
I am in the same boat, after a new phone too. I am very fond of the Nokia N95 at the minute, however feel it's best to wait until they decide to upgrade the battery with the current life span which it fails to have due to the GPS etc! :(
Posted
I have the N95 which I love to bits, I knew about the phone's short comings as I researched it heavily first. If you are after better battery life give it a few months and the new N95 8GB black should be here, its got a bigger battery, 8GB flash onboard (no expansion slot so when 32Gb cards come out at least my old N95 will be upgradable :roll: ) the silder is supposed to be alot more solid and the screen is a wee bit bigger.
Posted

Thats a bugger, which would you go for, the current crap battery but with the possibilty to expand the memory, or the new 8gb with good battery life but no expansion.

 

I just hope nokia bring out a new battery for the current N95, that way i can have best of both worlds! :)

Posted

I was kind of joking 8GB should be fine, was trying to make my "Classic" N95 out to be better, if I had the choice I would go for the new one I was reading a forum and a blogger that had been invited to the launch event said "Bottom line with the N95 8GB black - Its so much better it hurts, its what the N95 should have been".

 

Smart phones are such multifunctional devices these days and have practically killed off the PDA market. 8GB is loads but I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could fill it up with my music collection maps for the whole of europe, apps , email games and classic game roms, photos, videos.

 

All depends on what you use your phone for.

Posted
N95 is 950mAH N95 8GB is 1200mAH, I doubt Nokia will release a bigger battery for the original N95, there are some third party ones but I have heard its not worth the hasstle. The other option (I believe) is the US version N95 which is the original N95 but with the larger battery so you could still pack in a 32GB card when they become available.
Posted

Anyone able to reccommend a supplier for a US Nokia N95?

 

I could always be patient and be happy with the new one of course, any idea when it is going to released for the UK?

Posted
N95 is 950mAH N95 8GB is 1200mAH, I doubt Nokia will release a bigger battery for the original N95, there are some third party ones but I have heard its not worth the hasstle. The other option (I believe) is the US version N95 which is the original N95 but with the larger battery so you could still pack in a 32GB card when they become available.

 

You might as well stick a mini power station on the back of the phone

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...