Marc_Lemar Posted September 19, 2013 Posted September 19, 2013 Does VLC need a codec or a licence to play audio files ??? We had an old laptop running W7 which had some audio tracks on, they were ripped from the original CD as the drive had stopped working, I have now replaced the laptop with a new one running the same OS and the same version of VLC. If I play and video etc its fine and the audio is there if I play the audio files no audio whilst its playing ??? I opened windows media player and tried to play it and it had to download a licence to work but the staff dont like that and prefer VLC, is there anything I can download and install to rectify this ??? Thanks in advance.
pcstru Posted September 19, 2013 Posted September 19, 2013 No. With VLC it's all built in. What format are the files?
sidewinder Posted September 19, 2013 Posted September 19, 2013 If it had to download a licence it's because the WMA file has DRM and I think only Windows Media Player can play that Are they purchased files or something ripped from a CD? If ripped then you could find a tool to remove the DRM
pcstru Posted September 19, 2013 Posted September 19, 2013 Are they purchased files or something ripped from a CD? If ripped then you could find a tool to remove the DRM Or just rip them again to a more portable format (copyright permitting).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now