mcgtfour Posted August 21, 2013 Posted August 21, 2013 Hi all, Firstly, apologies that this is my first post, I will properly introduce myself very shortly! I'm deploying Windows 7 and have gone through all the fun of Library locations and re-directing user folders etc...I'm now at a stage where the librarys are being directed to a network share and the default location has been removed. But i've just noticed that when I log in as a student, they are able to click on the 'Includes 1 location' tab and actually remove or add a location which of course I do not want them to be able to do! Is there a registry fix for this? I've had a look online and there's lot of talk about disabling the libaries feature but I don't want/need to get rid of it just the ability to customise it. I've attached a picture of the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance, Cheers George
TomCollins Posted August 21, 2013 Posted August 21, 2013 Library Pane - Turn On or Off - Windows 7 Help Forums It doesn't disable the feature, however it disables the pane to access it.
mcgtfour Posted August 22, 2013 Author Posted August 22, 2013 that's great, thanks! I'm now wondering how I can deploy this through GPO>Regedit or whether it will have to be disabled as part of the image?
mcgtfour Posted August 22, 2013 Author Posted August 22, 2013 Half way there, thanks to your link I used a registry edit under the following key and deployed via GPO Action: Update Hive: HKEY_CURRENT_USER Key Path: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\GlobalSettings\Sizer Value Name: LibraryPaneSizer Value Type: REG_BINARY Value Data: 37,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,0c,02,00,00 which does work but by changing the size/colour of the theme ( I guess as its a hex edit) but as the students can still see 'organise' they can turn it back on which then due to the way its been altered makes it look rather bizarre! Trying to figure out now If I can restrict the ability to change the 'organize' tab! Cheers George
tubs Posted September 4, 2013 Posted September 4, 2013 I don't think you can stop it, but maybe look at replacing the library files to default ones when users logon? They're XML files that can be copied using GP when the user logs on.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now