meastaugh1 Posted September 1, 2007 Posted September 1, 2007 Couple of questions that I haven't been able to find answers for: When I install software on a terminal server through GPO software installation, does the server automatically switch to install mode? I would assume yes, but haven't been able to confirm it. Can I transfer installed TS CALs from one license server to another? Thanks
Geoff Posted September 3, 2007 Posted September 3, 2007 1) Yes. 2) Yes, but you should physically remove the TS CAL from the client PC as well. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248430
meastaugh1 Posted September 7, 2007 Author Posted September 7, 2007 Thanks for the reply. Can you advise how I'd transfer TS CALs from license server to another. Is it just a case of authorising licenses on the new server through MS clearing as per usual? I did find that article but it just seems to describe transfering CALs between clients, under the old system (pre 2000 SP3?) where licenses weren't automatically reallocated to the available pool if unused for x number of days.
Geoff Posted September 7, 2007 Posted September 7, 2007 The licenses are stored in AD. You do not need to 'move' them between servers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now