Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all,

 

We were upgraded to Office 365 on Friday evening, I am trying to setup Active directory syncing for our users (students).

 

When we set-up Live@Edu we used FIM2010 Sync service to sync accounts, we however never managed to get password sync working for some reason.

 

Now I have followed the Microsoft guide to setting this up:

Activated AD sync on 365 management Portal

Met all pre-requisites for the server. non domain controller, joined to AD.

 

The problem is when I come to install the dirsync.exe tool its self, I receive the following error.

 

 

 

Azure Error.JPG

 

Event viewer gives no clues.

 

Do i need to remove FIM 2010 first?

 

Am I missing something simple?

Posted

Indeed, you need to uninstall any previous version of FIM or Dirsync (Previous Version) before installing the new version of Azure Active Directory Sync Tool. It should also be run as Administrator to allow it to install all of the relevant files, and install the necessary services etc.

 

Glad you got it sorted.

 

Regards,

James.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...