vortex999 Posted July 15, 2013 Posted July 15, 2013 Hello all, We were upgraded to Office 365 on Friday evening, I am trying to setup Active directory syncing for our users (students). When we set-up Live@Edu we used FIM2010 Sync service to sync accounts, we however never managed to get password sync working for some reason. Now I have followed the Microsoft guide to setting this up: Activated AD sync on 365 management Portal Met all pre-requisites for the server. non domain controller, joined to AD. The problem is when I come to install the dirsync.exe tool its self, I receive the following error. Event viewer gives no clues. Do i need to remove FIM 2010 first? Am I missing something simple?
vortex999 Posted July 15, 2013 Author Posted July 15, 2013 Have you tried right click run as admin? Trying now, thanks for the suggestion.
vortex999 Posted July 17, 2013 Author Posted July 17, 2013 Yes that worked, however I did have to remove FIM 2010 first.
EduTech Posted July 17, 2013 Posted July 17, 2013 Indeed, you need to uninstall any previous version of FIM or Dirsync (Previous Version) before installing the new version of Azure Active Directory Sync Tool. It should also be run as Administrator to allow it to install all of the relevant files, and install the necessary services etc. Glad you got it sorted. Regards, James.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now