Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Code in HTA :

 



Test
   Application ID = "Test"
  APPLICATIONNAME = "Test"
  BORDER = "DIALOG"
  BORDERSTYLE = "NORMAL"
  CAPTION = "YES"
  CONTEXTMENU = "YES"
  ICON = ""
  INNERBORDER = "YES"
  MAXIMIZEBUTTON = "YES"
  MINIMIZEBUTTON = "YES"
  NAVIGABLE = "NO"
  SCROLL = "AUTO"
  SCROLLFLAT = "NO"
  SELECTION = "NO"
  SHOWINTASKBAR = "YES"
  SINGLEINSTANCE = "NO"
  SYSMENU = "YES"
  VERSION = "1.0"
  WINDOWSTATE = "NORMAL"
  />

<br />
Sub GetURL<br />
Dim MType, strSerial, strURL<br />
MType = Document.getElementById("MachineType").value<br />
strSerial = Document.getElementById("SerialNum").value<br />
<br />
strURL = "'http://support.lenovo.com/templatedata/Web%20Content/JSP/warrantyLookup.jsp?sysMachType=" + MType + "&sysSerial=" + strSerial + "'"<br />
<br />
document.getElementById("iwin").innerHTML = "<iframe width='100%' height='600' src=" + Trim(strURL) + ">"<br />
<br />
End Sub<br />



Machine Type : 

Serial Number : 









 

I keep getting an error message as per attached screen capture / grab :

@Arthur, @Steve21 or anyone else

 

Found the original URL to use from here : Lenovo Warranty Lookup with SCCM SQL

 

Maybe the URL to lookup warranty info is wrong or I am missing something or my coding is totally wrong etc etc ??

WarrantyLookupError.PNG

Posted

It's their website more than your script.

 

There's a line that pulls the browser locale as a parameter, and that doesn't work properly in HTA, so it can't pull what language you're running, and thus whines. And there's no option within it for "nothing set" aka null.

 

Don't think there's much you can do off hand, As the error is produced from their website, you can't disable the error showing in HTA, as it's effectively the webpage, not "Program". If you disable javascript errors I think it'll force that onto IE too as they use the same properties.

 

Only way I can think of doing it would be removing the iframe, and pulling the individual elements of HTML you want.

 

Or if you want the longer way, you could cheat and test the string you pull from the website, and just remove the crappy line that is breaking before posting it :)

 

Steve

Posted

 

Only way I can think of doing it would be removing the iframe, and pulling the individual elements of HTML you want.

 

Or if you want the longer way, you could cheat and test the string you pull from the website, and just remove the crappy line that is breaking before posting it :)

 

Steve

 

No idea how to do either. Maybe just stick to opening there warranty site via a browser favourite / shortcut

Posted
No idea how to do either. Maybe just stick to opening there warranty site via a browser favourite / shortcut

 

If this is just for your own personal thing, you could always just disable javascript error reporting within IE. Assumed it was a deployment kind of thingy, which gets more issues :)

 

Steve

  • Thanks 1
Posted
If this is just for your own personal thing, you could always just disable javascript error reporting within IE. Assumed it was a deployment kind of thingy, which gets more issues :)

 

Steve

 

Own project just for me to use, any idea which javascript options I need to disable in IE ( got version 10 of IE ). some screen grabs or how to get to the settings would be great

 

Thanks @Steve21

Posted
Own project just for me to use, any idea which javascript options I need to disable in IE ( got version 10 of IE ). some screen grabs or how to get to the settings would be great

 

Thanks @Steve21

 

There is 2/3 I think depending on the version, but basically, IE options -> advanced ->

 

Then there is disable script debugging, and display notification about every script error options. Think it should be those two.

 

Steve

Posted
ooh this looks like the sort of thing i was going to look into over summer. I take it the idea is to programatically go through a list of computers and run their serial/model no's against in this case lenovos database to find out when the warranty expires then presumably dump it back to a spreadsheet/database table?
Posted
ooh this looks like the sort of thing i was going to look into over summer. I take it the idea is to programatically go through a list of computers and run their serial/model no's against in this case lenovos database to find out when the warranty expires then presumably dump it back to a spreadsheet/database table?

 

I was just trying to get it to do one machine for the time being but that is not a bad idea

 

There is 2/3 I think depending on the version, but basically, IE options -> advanced ->

 

Then there is disable script debugging, and display notification about every script error options. Think it should be those two.

 

Steve

 

 

Any chance of screen grab of what the settings need to look like as I have tried a few but still getting prompted with errors, also tried adjusting the meta tag type but then it does not load the web page, arrggghhhh

Posted
I was just trying to get it to do one machine for the time being but that is not a bad idea

 

 

 

 

Any chance of screen grab of what the settings need to look like as I have tried a few but still getting prompted with errors, also tried adjusting the meta tag type but then it does not load the web page, arrggghhhh

 

Will try to if I get a minute, will need to find a spare machine to "unlockdown" :)

 

Steve

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...