smallsoldier Posted August 23, 2007 Posted August 23, 2007 Has anyone had any dealing with this moving databases, have a new server we want to move our sharepoint site to and want to migrate the current database......2 weeks later we are still trying to re attach it lol!! can grab it fine and back up but trying to get new server to find it is a nighmare, or i'm doing something wrong
john Posted August 23, 2007 Posted August 23, 2007 eeek don't say that, I've gotta play moving Sharepoint DBs around next week, and my job is even harder as the SQL has expired and MS in there wisdom didnt make it easy to upgrade from the Eval edition to a full one, what a PITA!
zag Posted September 3, 2007 Posted September 3, 2007 I gave up with this and just created a brand new site, the migration procedure seemed way to complicated. Ran both in parallel for a while which worked well.
robknowles Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 I has to migrate Sharepoint to a different server, and like ittech said the migration procedure it far too complicated. All I did was backup the MDF/LDF for the Content Database for the site(s) and then setup a brand new site.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now