sparkeh Posted June 20, 2013 Posted June 20, 2013 I have an old Joomla 1.5.9 site (yeah yeah I know) which obviously needs something doing with it. I am in two minds - attempt to upgrade Joomla but which version, 2.5? 3? Can this even be done? I have seen jupgrade which claims to update from 1.5 to 2.5 but does it really work and is it a stretch to then go to v3? Do I even want to? - or just recreate in Wordpress or something different? Thoughts?
Quackers Posted June 20, 2013 Posted June 20, 2013 If you can hold out until later in the year Joomla 3.5 will be out which will be the next long term release. 1
3s-gtech Posted June 20, 2013 Posted June 20, 2013 We used jupgrade to move from 1.5 to 2.5. It worked nicely, once the permissions were correctly set on the server. The site template broke, but there are guides on how to fix it - not tricky (some xml and php/css). We're still on 2.5, but with the newer versions updating should be more straightforward - 2.5 is still supported too. Not sure if there'll be a built-in updater from 2.5 to 3.5, but it'd be great if there was! 1
markwilfan Posted June 20, 2013 Posted June 20, 2013 1.5 to 2.5 went fine for us using jupgrade I have a staging copy of our website I test things on first. I just remade our template for 2.5 1
naysweb Posted June 20, 2013 Posted June 20, 2013 Going to try this on our main site copy tomorrow. Want something just like this. Nice Friday job.
sparkeh Posted June 20, 2013 Author Posted June 20, 2013 Going to try this on our main site copy tomorrow. Want something just like this. Nice Friday job. Cool let me know how it goes
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now