CommodoreS Posted June 5, 2013 Posted June 5, 2013 I need to register two DLL files to all machine to fix an issue. The script I have reads: IF EXIST "%SystemRoot%\System32\actxprxy.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\regsvr32.exe" "%SystemRoot%\System32\actxprxy.dll" IF EXIST "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\regsvr32.exe" "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll" Can't remember if I need to do this as a User Policy or a Machine policy for this to work though. Should I do it as a user policy in: User Configuration>Policies>Windows Settings>Scripts (Logon/Logoff)>Logon Add Script Name: regsvr32.exe Script parameters: /s "%SystemRoot%\System32\actxprxy.dll" (Then same for ieproxy.dll) or a computer policy in: Computer Configuration>Policies>Windows Settings>Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)>Startup Add Script Name: regsvr32.exe Script parameters: /s "%SystemRoot%\System32\actxprxy.dll" (Then same for ieproxy.dll) Got a feeling users will not have the rights to run this, but also have a feeling my command syntax is wrong.
CommodoreS Posted June 12, 2013 Author Posted June 12, 2013 I would bump this, but found a VBS Script to do this: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows/114775-vbs-script-syntax-check.html And a post on another forum saying it should be added in the computer policy startup scripts.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now