Cooners Posted April 19, 2013 Posted April 19, 2013 Hi Sorry but I've got another Ipad question. I have a stack of ipads that need to go to the schools we support very soon (about 8-12 per school). I have suggested using Meraki to deploy apps and change settings etc. I don't think they have VPP so I was thinking that I use the one itunes account that is already in place for the one school that already has ipads (I think they just have one account anyway) and use that for all the ipads for all the schools (there all part of the same group) allowing us to just purchase the apps once (if thats a problem please let me know I don't want to do anything illegal obviously). Also how do I go about setting them up in the first place (I don't think apple configarator will be an option due to there being one macs). Can I just throw meraki on them then set up everything else from there like naming them etc. Sorry I've not really had anything to do with Ipads other than using my own one and I've never even bothered plugging that into a computer so i want to get this right.
iom100 Posted April 22, 2013 Posted April 22, 2013 Don't rush it. Read this: http://www.meraki.com/lib/pdf/meraki_whitepaper_ios.pdf Take time to understand the devices and model that Apple uses. Purchasing the apps once and deploying to multiple devices is normally a breach of the developers copyright unless you have explicit permission. You probably need to get signed up to the Apple Volume Purchasing Program. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now