Vierkantdel Posted April 13, 2013 Posted April 13, 2013 I have been fiddling around with this for a while on my school already, first things I did with the teacher before it failed somehow: We went to clean it up and check why it had such a dim light production (appeared to be a bad lamp afterwards), we took it apart, not much force applied, used a air compressor to get all dirt and debris blown out, when it was all together and back on it's overhead support, it started up fine, but the teacher just couldn't shut it down. They tried all basic things, check power, remote control and anything else. The status indicators are just showing up normal, power indicator is just red, indicating it should be all good to turn on, and the lamp replace warning is still on too. I disassembled it last Friday, I re-attached the infrared sensor, even tried a other remote control (they have multiple projectors there, as well as broken ones). I have readed on this very forum something about a thermal reset switch? If so, where is that even located? I greatly appreciate any help!
mrwobbly Posted April 13, 2013 Posted April 13, 2013 Check that the remote is on the same channel as the projector. It has two channels. Hold down the image and menu buttons for two seconds to swap between the two. 1
Vierkantdel Posted April 13, 2013 Author Posted April 13, 2013 Thanks! I will try to get access to the unit at Tuesday. I'm only a student at that school but they appear to trust me on trying to repair it.
Vierkantdel Posted April 16, 2013 Author Posted April 16, 2013 So, I did as you described to do, and it worked! Thanks so much, you just helped my school to save them 3000 euros, just because one of the teachers in this classroom wants a 60'' LCD TV with a touchscreen
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now