Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All,

 

I`m trying to get Xibo running and im running into problems Firstly I chose Centos as a distro thinking in came with LAMP pre-installed as it turns out it doesnt so I have manually installed everything.

 

I have installed xibo into /var/www as the instructions state and sorted the permissions, the instruction then say I should be able to browse to http:\\servername.com\xibo but I get a connection error page, apache works cause if I browse to 127.0.0.1 I get the it works page.

 

Im stuck on what to do next, my knowledge of linux is limited at best I have followed instructions exactly as printed and it just wont work.

 

Please help!!!

Posted

try browsing to the server name by it's network ip: so http://10.0.0.2 or similar

if that works try adding the /xibo to the end

 

they should both work.

 

Then you'll need to set up a virtual host for the xibo web address

Posted
interestingly the only the loopback address seems to work if I type in FQDN or the server ip I get nothing it must be something in Apache's setup
Posted

ok so i'd double check the server has an ip addrss with ifconfig and double check the hostname by typing in hostname

 

i'd also consider shifting to unbuntu server as it's much simpler to set up for new users. sleect lamp and openssh on the install screens and then you have a fully working lamp server

Posted
Installing Ubuntu server now I havnt had anything asking me what type of server to install though. Its installing the base system apparently at the moment.
Posted

Thanks Dan, It will probably be monday now (early finish on friday YIPPPPEEEE)

 

OK if I contact you on monday?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...