Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am having trouble setting up Endian Firewall 2.1.2 to connect to HTTPS connections. I have set up the server the browse the internet fine, but as soon as you try and connect to a HTTPS server (been using hotmail to test) the browser title bar returens "Endian Firewall - The requested URL could not be retrieved".

 

I have disabled the firewall so should be allowing all ports through.

 

Is there anything else I need to specify to allow the connections? Not sure what further information you may need to help me - I am new to this.

 

PS. I have previously posted a problem with Endian Firewall connecting to Windows Update, and I then later discovered this problem. Could the 2 problems be related?

Posted

I am still having problems connecting to HTTPS sites. I have tried using the transparent proxy tick box, and this seems to allow me to log into some HTTPS sites, such as http://www.play.com (then log into my account). If I leave the transparent proxy box unticked, I am unable to access any HTTPS sites at all.

 

It is my understanding that the default Endian settings should allow pretty much all internet connections on all ports. I am therefore wondering whether I have set the clients up incorrect.

 

This is starting to confuse me, any further ideas?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...