SamanthaJane Posted March 11, 2013 Posted March 11, 2013 One of our teachers is having problems viewing pdf's online. He is on Windows 7. All he gets is an 'oval' shape (Do you know if you print a pdf incorrectly and you just get a circle on a piece of paper? that circle) Any clues? He has a pdf view installed etc.
sultan966 Posted March 11, 2013 Posted March 11, 2013 We faced similar situation in the past. Must uninstall all instances of pdf reader and reinstall the latest version of adobe reader. That solved our problem.
Firefox Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 I assume you have the setting "Display PDF in browser" selected within Adobe? I believe it's under Edit\Preferences\Internet
sven Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 Use Chrome, it has a built in pdf viewer. We use Chrome here. The administrative templates for Chrome still aren't up to scratch as far as I'm concerned. It's a shame, because I would love to set Chrome as my default browser with 100% confidence
CyberNerd Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 We use Chrome here. The administrative templates for Chrome still aren't up to scratch as far as I'm concerned. It's a shame, because I would love to set Chrome as my default browser with 100% confidence No problems with it here. Been site wide for a couple of years now.
Firefox Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 We use Chrome here. The administrative templates for Chrome still aren't up to scratch as far as I'm concerned. It's a shame, because I would love to set Chrome as my default browser with 100% confidence Agreed, it would never pass our security team
CyberNerd Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 Agreed, it would never pass our security team Why? Are you relying too much on client security rather than network security?
Firefox Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 We rely on both....using Chrome comes back as a PCI failure
MatthewL Posted March 12, 2013 Posted March 12, 2013 Run the accessibility wizard in Adobe we found that works before.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now