Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

When using powershell to send emails, Exchange either puts it into Junk or Quarantines it. The odd thing is that it was working and in fact I have 1 script that that still works but any other script I create now gets put into Junk or Content Filtering blocks it with 5.2.1.

 

Did some testing and altered the one that works, seems that if I alter it too much then it starts ending up in Junk. Any ideas how I can stop it from being filtered out by Exchange?

Posted (edited)

All of them and I did test with the sender in the exception list of Content Filtering but that didnt seem to do anything. Not sure how some automated/scripted emails are unfiltered but others are.

 

EDIT: Actually come to think of it, I havent set the sender in the exceptions list but this does mean no emails are filtered by this email so am hoping for a better solution.

Edited by apeo
Posted
It means emails are bypassed for content filtering. I assume you trust the app/script which relays off Exch? If yes, why would you be concerned for AS filtering.
Posted

I'm not so much concerned about adding a phrase but I wouldnt want to add an email as that means all emails from that sender is bypassed.

 

Just curious as to why it was tagged as junk/spam and it means any further scripts will probably require more phrases added.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...