Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm working on problems using BE11d for Windows with Netware agent ... see post to RoyG's Backup Exec posting.

 

A work round suggested is to share the Netware volumes using CIFS - but I've got a problem configuring this.

 

Using iManager 2.6.0 - in the `File Protocols` section, select CIFS. Browse to find server - "This user does not have the correct credentials to authenticate to the CIMOM client." - Investigations of this error message lead to suggestions that the admin user object may not have a UniqueID - but it has. Trying with manually adding "server.container" seems better, but gives error message: "Cannot continue because there is not a session manager". Is my iManager installation at fault? I must admit I've only just started on iManager (I thought I was doing well migrating from NWADMIN to ConsoleOne!).

Posted

In classic forum style, I'm answering my own post ... I tried the same procedure on another server and it worked straight off!

 

Even more bizarre - I then went back to the original server and CIFS sharing just worked there too. I don't know what was happening yesterday and earlier today to create the problem ... do you?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...