randle Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 (edited) Hi I've created a scheduled task via GPP which runs a CommandLine script from a network share on trigger of an event. The script simply restarts some services and outputs a log to the same share. When running the task manually, for testing purposes, everything works fine however when I run this as, "NT AUTHORITY\System", it doesn't appear to want to run regardless of "SYSTEM" having full control on the network folder and script file and share permissions allow access. A domain user does run this as expected and successfully but don't want to store the password which is why I've opted for the user local system user. Am I missing the obvious? Edited February 15, 2013 by randle
Ashm Posted February 15, 2013 Posted February 15, 2013 You will probably need to add the computer account (or the domain computers group) to having permission on the folder and share. 1
randle Posted February 18, 2013 Author Posted February 18, 2013 Nice one thanks. Didn't think of the SYSTEM user as a computer for some reason. Appears to work a treat now
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now