ranj Posted February 11, 2013 Posted February 11, 2013 Hi I am using the latest version of itunes on my Mac and recently did a backup and restore as i wanted to upgrade my ipad from 5.1.1 to 6 and i also wanted to JB it. With itunes i have created a number of different profiles as I have an ipad, my wife as an iphone4 and also i have an ipod. So there are 4 profiles i have created and these are all stored on the local drive under music, itunes. So when i started i opened the profile which i believed was my ipad profile. Itunes picked up the ipad and i performed a backup to computer. I then upgraded the software via itunes, performed the JB but found none of my most recent apps were on there, it was like it only did a settings backup as my mail, some folders and other settings were on there. So i went back into itunes and did a restore from backup, i didnt receive any errors when i did the restore but once the process was finished i still didnt have all my apps. On investigation i looked in my itunes folder for the ipad profile and when i did a search for ipa files i found none in there. I then tried to run another backup but still they didnt appear in there. I a trying to understand what i am doing wrong or whether itunes isnt working properly for me to do a backup, i am not receiving any errors back when performing a backup and unsure what is wrong here. I have checked the size of the folder and its only 100mb so i know its not backing up the apps, my ibooks as i have GB in there. Any advice on this would be most appreciated. When i did my wifes iphone upgrade on here itunes profile, i had none of these issues. Is there a way i can reinialise that profile and then try performing another backup to see if it works or would i be better deleting that profile and starting again? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Rawns Posted February 11, 2013 Posted February 11, 2013 Can't say for sure as I'm on 5.1.1 still (Jailbroken), but when I was helping the old man set up his new iPad and I connected it to iTunes, you could choose between a local backup or iCloud backup. Maybe this is enabled on yours? Slightly OT, but where did you go to get jailbroken to 6.1? Is it a untethered jailbreak? Been waiting to do mine for a while...
ranj Posted February 12, 2013 Author Posted February 12, 2013 Yeh i had the option where i could download to computer or download to icloud. I reckon i am going to recreate the profile and see what happens. With regards to JB, evasion have released a untethered 6.1 jb. You can find out more here http://evasi0n.com/ Thanks 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now