Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have been experimenting with freenas (which runs on a version of freebsd)

Trying some python things I noticed that the serial package isnt included in python on it.

 

So I downloaded it, and followed the install instructions (python setup.py install)

however it gives an error saying

/usr/local/lib is mounted on a read only filesystem.

 

How do I change this so that I can install this package?

Anyone able to help or give pointers?

 

Cheers

Pete.

Posted

mount

/dev/ufs/FreeNASs1a on / (ufs, local, read-only)

devfs on /dev (devfs, local, multilabel)

/dev/md0 on /etc (ufs, local)

/dev/md1 on /mnt (ufs, local)

/dev/md2 on /var (ufs, local)

/dev/ufs/FreeNASs4 on /data (ufs, local, noatime, soft-updates)

Store1 on /mnt/Store1 (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)

 

/etc/fstab

/dev/ufs/FreeNASs1a / ufs ro 1 1

/dev/ufs/FreeNASs3 /cfg ufs rw,noauto 2 2

/dev/ufs/FreeNASs4 /data ufs rw,noatime 2 2

/dev/ada1p1 none swap sw 0

0

/dev/ada2p1 none swap sw 0

0

/dev/ada3p1 none swap sw 0

0

 

I'm guessing it's the 'ro' part. But if I change it to rw, and then reboot, it changes back to ro

:-(

 

Hope you can help. Cheers

Pete.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...