bmdixon Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 I'm trying to change our proxy server to allow different levels of filtering for staff and students. We currently have squid and squidguard set up (running on ubuntu server) to allow all users the same access. I've cloned our proxy server (they're runing in VM's) and it is allowing me to browse the net, but i'm not sure how to get squidguard set up properly. I ideally want it to use AD user groups to determine what kind of access they get but all i can find is about setting up the groups manually.... I really don't want to do that! Has anybody done this? Can you give me any pointers? Thanks in advance
Guest monkeyx Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 We do not use squid guard. But I did wbinfo_group.pl working under squid. This was at one point a less well documented squid feature that allows us to set different black lists by AD group. Would be interested to know if this would help, and what squid guards adds to a basic squid setup. Cheers, Tim
ricki Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 HI Why dont you use dansguardian the filtering is better and works great and you can create groups. Richard
bmdixon Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 HI Why dont you use dansguardian the filtering is better and works great and you can create groups. Richard I want to try and use Squidguard if i can because that is what is currently in place. I have looked at Dansguardian and i might try and set it up if i can't figure it out using squidguard.
bmdixon Posted October 8, 2009 Author Posted October 8, 2009 Ok, i've set up dansguardian but still struggling to get different groups set up. I've downloaded a script from here and changed the settings necessary but when i run it i get: is a member of Students. is a member of Students. s is a member of Students. is a member of Students. is a member of Students. is a member of Students. is a member of Students. and the filtergroupslist file has things like: =filter2 # Students =filter2 # Students =filter2 # Students =filter2 # Students =filter2 # Students =filter2 # Students ipaddr>=filter2 # Students le=filter2 # Students Anyone have any pointers? Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now