SYNACK Posted April 24, 2012 Posted April 24, 2012 (edited) Given the usual lack of quality support of any kind from many educational software vendors I thought that this experience, being so different deserved to be highlighted. Having moved most stations at one school to 64 bit Windows 7 at one of the schools I got a helpdesk not saying that a certain application "PM Red" would not work and it said it was incompatible. Further investigation reveiled that it did not even show the icon and complained about Win32/64 bit compatibility. Horrified I looked into it further and found that the software was designed to run on Windows 3.1 back in 1997. I was certain that all hope was lost but decided to check the vendors website for some contact details just incase. I found this page: Windows 7 Compatibility leading to this: PM Storybooks Upgrade for Windows 7 Long story short, after 15 years the software has still been updated to work on the latest version of Windows, they even handle UNC paths without a hassle. I am totally impressed and only wish that more software developers were anywhere near as responsive. Edited April 24, 2012 by SYNACK
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now