wesleyw Posted August 5, 2010 Posted August 5, 2010 I'm currently using Microsoft Transporter Suite for Internet Mailboxes however when trying to migrating I get errors if I use POP as the method I get the error shown in mailmigrationerror.jpg if I use IMAP I get the error shown in mailmigrationerror2.jpg. Any ideas on how this could be solved? Wes
Ric_ Posted August 5, 2010 Posted August 5, 2010 Both of those appear to be SSL errors. Are you using SSL encrypted POP/IMAP? Do you have the relevant security certificates installed? Are you using the FQDN of the mailserver (as it appears on the security certificate)? Just ideas mind, having not used the tool. 1
wesleyw Posted August 6, 2010 Author Posted August 6, 2010 I haven't got SSL encrypted POP nor IMAP? Wes
MicrodigitUK Posted August 6, 2010 Posted August 6, 2010 There are other free tools that can migrate mail direct from Linux server to exchange using IMAP. I have used a good one in the past (several times) called IMAPcopy. IMAPcopy All you need is a big list of users to move in the IMAPcopy config file. To do an IMAP copy you must know all users passwords on both mail systems. This requires all of the Linux server user passwords to be reset (CSV) and use an administrator password for exchange. You can just use the administrator to connect to exchange IMAP apparently by doing the following. Specify a username in the following format: YourDomain/AdminUserName/UserMailbox • YourDomain is your domain, • AdminUserName is an Exchange Server user name with administrator rights to the user's mailbox that you wish to migrate, and • UserMailbox is the name of the user to migrate. Write in the password bit of IMAPcopy config script the password for the administrator account. 2
wesleyw Posted August 6, 2010 Author Posted August 6, 2010 So for example I would use this: Copy "me" "123456" "schooldomain/administrator/me" "654321"
MicrodigitUK Posted August 6, 2010 Posted August 6, 2010 So for example I would use this: Copy "me" "123456" "schooldomain/administrator/me" "654321" Yes, but sometimes you need the full email on Linux boxes. Also just looking again I think the slashes look the wrong way round so try it like this: Copy "[email protected]" "123456" "schooldomain\administrator\me" "654321"
wesleyw Posted August 6, 2010 Author Posted August 6, 2010 The login to the linux box is working fine just the Exchange ones that's not (if I use the account password no the admin one it works fine though? )
wesleyw Posted August 6, 2010 Author Posted August 6, 2010 Right it appears that if your on SP1 and not SP1 rollup update 4 or higher you can't login to other mailboxes unless you are using OWA imap and pop aren't supported for admin mailbox access to all. I'm about to update to SP1 rollup 4 and I'll let you know. Wes
MicrodigitUK Posted August 6, 2010 Posted August 6, 2010 The login to the linux box is working fine just the Exchange ones that's not (if I use the account password no the admin one it works fine though? ) I have just tested on my exchange server with the slashes looking like this “\” and it all worked fine. The admin user account needs full control to the user's mailbox that you wish to migrate to. So check the permeations on the destination mailboxes for the admin account on the exchange server.
wesleyw Posted August 6, 2010 Author Posted August 6, 2010 Could you let me know how to grant full access to all mailboxes on exchange for the administrator account? I think i've done parts via ACL in Active Directory (from the exchange server) and I ran a command in Powershell but I can't get it to work? Wes
MicrodigitUK Posted August 6, 2010 Posted August 6, 2010 Could you let me know how to grant full access to all mailboxes on exchange for the administrator account? I think i've done parts via ACL in Active Directory (from the exchange server) and I ran a command in Powershell but I can't get it to work? Wes Just check one account first. So go into Active Directory, and open properties for a user. Then click Exchange advanced tab. Select mailbox rights button and all of the access rights are in there. You can set it at the server level for all users but can’t remember off of the top of my head where it is
wesleyw Posted August 6, 2010 Author Posted August 6, 2010 Administrator has full permissions to my account so it should work but doesn't ? Wes
MicrodigitUK Posted August 6, 2010 Posted August 6, 2010 Did you upgrade to Exchange Server 2007 SP1 Rollup Update 4? Because I just read this one: POP3 and IMAP4 clients cannot connect to a server that is running Exchange 2007 Looks like microsoft stopd support and then put it back in!!!!!
wesleyw Posted August 6, 2010 Author Posted August 6, 2010 Yeah I've just updated to that, now I'm updating to SP3 to make sure. Wes
MicrodigitUK Posted August 6, 2010 Posted August 6, 2010 Also see this Microsoft artical: Error when you use an IMAP4 client or a POP3 client to log on to a delegate mailbox of Exchange Server 2007: "800cccd1" And just as a random thought give another test user full access to a user’s mailbox and try doing it with the test user. Microsoft might have restricted the bog standard administrator account. So try "schooldomain\test\me" 1
wesleyw Posted August 6, 2010 Author Posted August 6, 2010 Sadly I'm hitting the same wall? Login on sourceserver as me OK Login on destinationserver as domain\other\me FAILED ! Login on destinationserver as domain\other\me failed ??? Wes
Ric_ Posted August 7, 2010 Posted August 7, 2010 I'm going from Zimbra to Exchange 2010 and have only turned IMAP on each for this process. I simply turned on IMAP and disabled the need for SSL or encrypted passwords. Restarted the services on each box and it appears to be working fine.
MicrodigitUK Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 @wesleyw Any luck yet? It must be Exchange - Permissions on Mailboxes, if you can’t get in with another user but you can with the mailbox owner.
shreevie Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 Wesley, these may be of use to you: Migrating from POP/IMAP to Exchange Server 2007 using Microsoft Transport Suite (Part 1) Migrating from POP/IMAP to Exchange Server 2007 using Microsoft Transport Suite (Part 2) There is a section in part one that talks about user permissions of the account migrating the data.
Ric_ Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 I'm having a similar problem... in testing I used the EMC to grant Full Access Permissions to mailboxes and I was then able to use IMAPCopy successfully. I now want to do it in bulk and have given myself Send As and Receive As permissions to the mailbox database (see Allow Mailbox Access: Exchange 2010 Help ) but it must not enable the IMAP access for my account because I cannot log in via IMAP @shreevie: I have also tried assigning the extended rights suggested in the article you mention Additionally, I have read that the administrator account cannot use IMAP (some sort of security feature) but I'm using my login so that shouldn't make a difference - and I know it works in basic tests with permission granted via EMC.
Ric_ Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 I may have been being an idiot... Arggghhhhh!!! My stoopid config file for IMAPCopy had a stray '\' in the line that I copied down for all the users. It turns out that the following PS command works a treat! Get-MailboxDatabase -Identity "" | Add-ADPermission -User -ExtendedRights Receive-As, Send-As
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now