+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Abacus evolve iplanner in Technical; Just purchased our first staff laptops that I might run with windows 7 on, except all staff use Abacus evolve ...
    Thank Post

Abacus evolve iplanner

Just purchased our first staff laptops that I might run with windows 7 on, except all staff use Abacus evolve i planner. Anyone using this with Windows 7?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Officially, to use Abacus stuff on Vista or above you need to purchase their online stuff. Which means it's time to find something better instead, buying into anything online based IMO is like flopping your wedding tackle in a lions mouth and flicking his wedding tackle with a wet towel.

However, contrary to their own requirements I have installed it without any caveats on a Win7 Pro laptop, with no problem. I haven't tried it on any more though :/

Thank Post
    Yes the words purchase and online were mentioned to me, totally goes against the grain when you've already paid out good money. Will give windows 7 a go then when the new stuff arrives, will have to test all our 'high quality' software!

Thank Post
    htf have you got it working on win 7 and x86 or x64 only way i could get it on vista (and i admit i havnt tried win 7 as i want schools to ditch this pos and never buy anything from ginn again) is to use a vm

Thank Post
    Got the iplanner installed by using compatibility mode. Ground to a halt with easiteach though, will try and get updated copy from pearson.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,750 Posts
    Did you see this thread?
    easiteach windows 7
    It certainly indicates that you can get an updated cd
    I've got to build one of our new machines ready to be imaged for the whole suite. NOT looking forward to it as I am thinking that some software just won't play with Windows 7 - and I have a very long list!
    I wonder how many companies will send me an updated version. Not many,I suspect.
    Both our scanners have fallen by the wayside already

Thank Post
    now easiteach installed first time for me no problems though i think i downloaded an update i might be able to check remotely if not i can look on monday

Thank Post
    I've just started installing AEIPF on Win7pro laptops. Failed at first, but using compatibility setting for XP it seemed to install fine. Also Easiteach.
    But although they appear to work and bring up the right data on screen, they refuse to export to .doc files - in fact they don't refuse, they say they are doing it and have completed the export, but there is nothing there (not even an empty file. Nothing.)
    I thought at first it might be due to the non-existent directory it tries to put them into by default, but changing this makes no difference.
    No one has tried editing the plans yet, so I don't know if this works.
    For the moment I've just exported every weekly plan, activity summary and TA notes using an XP machine (quite a big job, but not impracticable.) Teachers copy the sections they use onto their laptops and edit & printout as they want.
    Totally nullifies the point of Abacus Evolve, but they are very happy with it, as hardly anyone ever used the features of AEIPF anyhow and now they get their documents much quicker.

Thank Post
    You have to upgrade Easyteach to Version 3.4 ...
    Put the ITR disc in and when it asks for the serial number ... reverse the last 8 chrs on the number ..
    EG if they are 12345678
    Put in 87654321
    This allows the ITR's to install without Iplanner which is not compatable with Windows 7.

Thank Post
    The problem with exporting to .doc files is an Office 2007 compatibility problem for which there is a fix on the pearson or heinneman website.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to dig up an old thread. Anyone had much luck with getting this goddamn program to work on windows 7 pro?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    Sorry to dig up an old thread. Anyone had much luck with getting this goddamn program to work on windows 7 pro?
    x86 or x64?

The resources are easy just input the code backwards and it just installs the pds/easi teach odds and sods the program itself no gave up if anyone really wants it i run it on an xp mode vm

Thank Post
    I've got it to work, only use windows 7 32bit though. Go through the install let it tell you the program isn't compatible, when the compatilibilty utility starts then choose xp sp2 as the os that the program works with.

14. Thanks to chrbb from:

Little-Miss (19th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ah didnt try SP2, i got it installed but when you click the icon nothing happens...

Thank Post
    this is for resources part no interactive planner

there is a new version out ive just come across (dosent help teh backaging is identical) BUT it does work on win7 x64 without any issues (well so far) and it even has a network deploy install so shove cd in feed it the code install to something like \\server\abacus$ then just fire out using group policy (you need to make easiteach the first part to deploy) but it then installs you get 6 new icons on the desktop and when clicked loads easiteach player and seems to work as far as i can tell

the foundation disk is being a bit more of a pig no msi and aparantly you need to direct install on the server 1st (not if i can help it) then run setup on 1 workstation then somehow running setup again on ws 2 will work but easiteach is taking about a week to install on my test pc (winxp so i can test win7 as ws2)

if it helpd the box says version 1.2 above the barcode on the back

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread