+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, App-V Legacy Apps Problem in Technical; ...

Thank Post

App-V Legacy Apps Problem

I have been attempting to set up some legacy applications to run in App-V on Windows 7 - been configuring using the v4.6 SP1 Sequencer and editing the OSD file as per these sites:
    . How to set Windows compatibility settings for App-V package, the easy way | Gridmetric Blog
    . OSD scripting primer | Gridmetric Blog

The current application that I'm working on, PTC Desktop Pro, is unsupported by the manufacturer who released it in 2003 and basically says, "if you want to run it on Windows 7, run in compatibility mode, emulating Windows 2000!". Our Woodwork Teacher can't be without the product...

So as per the instructions in the abovementioned urls, I edited my OSD settings, adding in:
    REG.EXE ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v "%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\PTC\ProDESKTOP 8.0\Program\ProD.exe" /t REG_SZ /d "WINXPSP2"

I did get the App-V application to install and run as Administrator-Equiv, but, althjough it would install as an "ordinary user", it failed to run

So I changed the OSD to include "RUNASADMIN" as follows, but that made no difference:
    REG.EXE ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v "%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\PTC\ProDESKTOP 8.0\Program\ProD.exe" /t REG_SZ /d "WINXPSP2 RUNASADMIN"

It seems that I'm half-way there. I can install the application. I can run it as Admin equivalent. I cannot run it as an ordinary User. I feel that rights are the issue but I just can't find anything in the Sequencer or the SCCM 2012 Configuration Manager Console.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I've a swag of these legacy applications to roll out

Thanks

Thank Post
    Have tried PTC Pro Desktop in App-V myself - tried quite some time with it but just couldn't get it to work theres a little more about it here -
    ProDesktop 8 Updates

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread