+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, NetSupport as a language lab in Technical; So our spanish language teachers decided that they wanted a language lab and after spending 10 months to do 2 ...
    Thank Post

NetSupport as a language lab

So our spanish language teachers decided that they wanted a language lab and after spending 10 months to do 2 days of research, they seem to almost know what a language lab is now.

Now it's my job to make their dreams come true and I'm discovering that these things cost shiny pennies. Then I noticed that the newest NetSupport School offers some language lab like features and I'm wondering if anyone has a school using them. I've played with the demo and it works, but seems to be a trifle limited (can't record all the students at once, can't setup chat sessions between groups of students).

Any recommendations or insights?

Thank Post

Language Lab

Sorry no info on Netsupport although I did have a look and came to the same conclusion as yourself, over the last year I have been working with the Switchboard in a collaboration to develop a software based language lab, please have a look at Soundbooth Plus is a modern software-based language lab

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,710 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What do you want to do with it?

Thank Post

www.codework.com/soundbooth

Apologies, I had included a link to the website but when I posted it did not remain a link, I work for Codework Limited and the product is called Soundbooth Plus, its a software based language lab which can be used over a school network by students and teachers or in self study mode in study areas, school libraries or even at home. Lessons can be accessed via VLE or on flash drives/Cd's

Teachers can listen into or speak directly to individuals or groups of students, we have recentl;y added drag and drop grouping with the ability for each student to record group audio. A new virtual keyboard is also available in multiple languages. An evaluation copy of the product is available via the Codework website.

Thank Post
    Sorry FN-GM mistook your signature for your question, I am being especially thick today, in answer to your question What do you want to do with it? I would like to sell Soundbooth Plus into as many schools as possible!

We already have a number of schools who have purchased the product and are using Soundbooth Plus now, we have put forward Soundbooth Plus to a number of BSF bids via partners, one of which we have won. The feedback regarding the product has been very positive and I believe that we have a product that leverages technology to impact learning positively.

We have been further developing the product since initial launch and the new features such as grouping and the virtual keyboards have been very well received, we have another feature we are working on which will be released in February. The additional plans for development we have will need to be funded so we are at the stage where we need to start marketing and selling the product. We are open to working with organisations and schools to do this so if you have any suggestions or ideas then please do get in touch.

Thank Post
    Looks interesting, but I learned long ago to not get too excited until I know the price. Do you sell to people on my side of The Pond and who should I contact for quote?

Thank Post

www.codework.com/soundbooth

I can understand you being cautious especially if you have been looking at hardware based language labs, we have an office on your side of the pond and the technical people there have been testing the product. <edited for unauthorised advertising - Dos_Box>
    Last edited by Dos_Box; 30th December 2009 at 12:38 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,171 Times in 994 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This is now getting reported as borderline spam. Please note you cannot advertise on the forums unless you are an advertisor or sponsor. Please edit your post before I do.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,710 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Codework_Tech View Post
    Sorry FN-GM mistook your signature for your question, I am being especially thick today, in answer to your question What do you want to do with it? I would like to sell Soundbooth Plus into as many schools as possible!

We already have a number of schools who have purchased the product and are using Soundbooth Plus now, we have put forward Soundbooth Plus to a number of BSF bids via partners, one of which we have won. The feedback regarding the product has been very positive and I believe that we have a product that leverages technology to impact learning positively.

We have been further developing the product since initial launch and the new features such as grouping and the virtual keyboards have been very well received, we have another feature we are working on which will be released in February. The additional plans for development we have will need to be funded so we are at the stage where we need to start marketing and selling the product. We are open to working with organisations and schools to do this so if you have any suggestions or ideas then please do get in touch.
    I wasnt talking to you i was talking to the original poster

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    What do you want to do with it?
    The teachers want to be able to listen to and record students talking to a recording or commenting on a video.

The deal breaker for NSS is that my teachers want to group the students into partners from a central terminal and get recordings of the conversations. I've discovered that NetSupport is limited to individuals at this point.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread