+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Coolant fluid for a 308 in General; Has anyone got any sources for finding this out? My coolant fluid is low, but the handbook just says to ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Coolant fluid for a 308

Has anyone got any sources for finding this out? My coolant fluid is low, but the handbook just says to top it up, and reading on halfords it appears there is either a blue or red coolant depending on OAT(?). Mine does appear red but again I don't know if there's just one red type.
    Am I going to have to contact Peugeot to get the correct one?

It's a Peugeot 308 (2008) HDi 110 Diesel

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    Has anyone got any sources for finding this out? My coolant fluid is low, but the handbook just says to top it up, and reading on halfords it appears there is either a blue or red coolant depending on OAT(?). Mine does appear red but again I don't know if there's just one red type.
    Am I going to have to contact Peugeot to get the correct one?

It's a Peugeot 308 (2008) HDi 110 Diesel
    Not sure of the differences, Anti Freeze is anti-freeze as far as I was aware + I dont know much about diesels. Just ask them in your local spares-world/Halfords etc.. they will check for you.

Thank Post
    It depends on the age of the car, need to double check but i believe red is for newer engines. There is only two types, red and blue.

Thank Post
    Don't know if it's of any use as the forum is blocked here, but Google showed up Which Antifreeze? - Peugeot Forums which looked promising with the description blurb.

Halfords Advanced Anti Freeze & Coolant Concentrate ... It has a 5year life and is suitable for all year use as a coolant and anti freeze. ... Peugeot Models, 106, 107, 1007, 205, 206, 207, 306, 307, 308, 3008 ...

Thank Post
    Don't know if it's of any use as the forum is blocked here, but Google showed up http://peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12377 which looked promising with the description blurb.

Halfords Advanced Anti Freeze & Coolant Concentrate ... It has a 5year life and is suitable for all year use as a coolant and anti freeze. ... Peugeot Models, 106, 107, 1007, 205, 206, 207, 306, 307, 308, 3008 ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Cheers for the pointers
    Probably take a trip to halfords to get some tonight then

Thank Post
    try and not mix colours , Mixing Green and Either red or blue can sometimes cause skank in the headertank ( which resembles HGF)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2097 View Post
    try and not mix colours , Mixing Green and Either red or blue can sometimes cause skank in the headertank ( which resembles HGF)
    well mine looks a sort of reddish pink, not a deep red, but im assuming if the only ones are red/green/blue it'd be glaringly obvious if it was one of the others

Thank Post
    i had the same dilema .. it was green but had been topping up with blue . My OAT stuff was well past the date it should have been changed .
    In the end as the car was going into the garage for a service i paid them to do a flush and replace with some demon tweaks for life antifreeze , it also changes colour if your car gets HGF .

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread