+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, updateing junior librarian 3 in Technical; done a search and cant find owt is it possiblr to update the program without visiting every workstation? i have ...

Thank Post

updateing junior librarian 3

done a search and cant find owt

is it possiblr to update the program without visiting every workstation? i have an msi for v 3.2.2.19 but cant seem to find one for this version (and i cant remember where the other came from) but the main pc its used on has been updated to 3.2.2.25 and now no other pc in school can use it they just get an upgrade message. Tried just copying the dir off this pc to another dosent seem to work

Thank Post
    Is it not possible to create your own MSI from what you do have and then roll this out?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Not answering the original question but we now have the online version and that has cut down my involvement - heaps. Money well spent!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    Not answering the original question but we now have the online version and that has cut down my involvement - heaps. Money well spent!
    the schools i support with the online version think its awful takes forever to do owt then randomly decides nbot to work properly (and the softgware needed to make the barcode reader work cant be msid out)

sorted it in the end on the cd i downloaded somewhere was an exe file that created an msi in temp when run. I got to the point of just randomly running exes till i found the msi then deployed it (though after a false start where i called the dir 3.3.2.25 (or similar) and found it wouldnt deploy removed the dots and it worked fine). Just aonther one of those days i guess lol

Thank Post
    On the off chance...

Don't suppose anyone happens to know how to import the web links into Eclipse2?

Thank Post
    Not sure on that one but have just had to replace computer that Junior Librarian 3 runs on due to dead hard drive and cannot re-install backup due to version incompatability. The software version I have is 3.2.2.16 and the backup was made from version 3.2.2.25. Due to financial restrictions, we do not have support from Microlib and my predecessor did not keep copies of updates. Does anyone out there have a copy of the update to 3.2.2.25 they could send me a copy of. I'm aware that this may be in breach of edugeek protocol and understand if no one is willing or able to help

Many thanks anyway

Thank Post
    If you talk nicely to them they may supply you with the update file? I've got the email address of a guy at MLS who is quite helpful. I can send you that if you like? I mean it's not as if you're wanting a free updgrade, you had the product, and just want to be able to import your database again.

I've also sent you a PM.

Thank Post
    Sorry to report that last year, when I had the exact same situation, I had to pay for the new version. Yes even though I had it already albeit on a dead drive. MLS argued that the software could not be transferred to another computer, new hard drive being construed as a new computer. Wasn't best pleased and neither was the Bursar.

Thank Post
    problem is iirc the files stamp the schools name on them or i could send them over so if i sent you my 2.whatever it would say one of my schools not one of yours iirc

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leco View Post
    Sorry to report that last year, when I had the exact same situation, I had to pay for the new version. Yes even though I had it already albeit on a dead drive. MLS argued that the software could not be transferred to another computer, new hard drive being construed as a new computer. Wasn't best pleased and neither was the Bursar.
    I'd have them up in court for trying that on me > Especially when you need a brand new PC to run the .Shoddy version

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    problem is iirc the files stamp the schools name on them or i could send them over so if i sent you my 2.whatever it would say one of my schools not one of yours iirc
    I don't think they do? You have to enter your license code don't you?

Thank Post
    Have also found that unless you renew the HelpDesk (or whatever it's called) licence, they are not very helpful at all. Stands to reason actually, but when for year after year you don't need it, comes as a very expensive "insurance". Manglement decreed unnecessary expenditure - usual tale - they had to pay in the end. Possibility of not using it at all didn't occur to them.

Can't remember if the licence key is necessary when updating, sorry.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    I don't think they do? You have to enter your license code don't you?
    i think it says anyway im just copying latest msi from a server to my home pc and will install and try (also tests if its vista capable) so a bonus

Thank Post
    i could of sworn it stamped school name on it looks like im wrong (again lol)

dosent seem happy on vista (might of worked if i diddnt have uac on but doubt it)

zips down to 90mb

Thank Post
    I look after a local school in the Turks & Caicos Islands. They use Junior Librarian 3, they have CD version .19 yet are running .25 - Old PC is dying, subscription expired. Looking for upgrade file from .19 to .25 - can anyone help??

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread