+ Post New Thread
Downloads Thread, Soluto - Figures out what is bogging down your PC (and tells you how to fix it) in Links, Downloads and Scripts; I'm not a big fan of tweaking programs, but this one actually looks quite useful. If you have ever wondered ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,389 Times in 1,769 Posts

Soluto - Figures out what is bogging down your PC (and tells you how to fix it)

I'm not a big fan of tweaking programs, but this one actually looks quite useful. If you have ever wondered why your Windows PC takes ages to boot up or finish loading after logging in, Soluto will show you the applications and services responsible for the slowness (among other things).

I've just run it on my computer (screenshots below) and have already found a few things that can be uninstalled to speed things up even further.

Source / Download

They say a car loses half its value the minute you drive it off the lot. The same can often seem true of a brand new computer ó after that lightning-quick first boot or two, PCs have the nasty habit of gradually bogging down until that new quad core processor doesnít seem much faster than the last one you had. Enter TC Disrupt finalist Soluto, a startup thatís looking to help restore your computer to its former glory. And better yet, itís going to hold those bloated, CPU hogging applications accountable.

Soluto has developed software that monitors your PC for things that are likely to annoy users ó printing problems, crashy apps, resource hogs, and those frustrating applications that randomly cause your mouse to become useless for a few seconds at a time. It records which applications were running at the time of the hiccup, and analyzes low-level events to track things users arenít even aware of, like which applications are competing for memory.

Even better: if a user somewhere in the world consistently has issues with a certain application and then makes a change that fixes it, Soluto can then tell other users who have had the same problem about the fix.

The product looks very compelling, with an impressive UI. After Soluto has analyzed your machine, it can suggest numerous fixes, including Ďno brainersí like omitting certain applications from your bootup. It can show you your computerís speed over time, mapping out when you installed a certain application ó so you can see what led to the problem.

The companyís PCGenome project could actually help solve these problems. Soluto takes user-submitted data from its application and uses it to figure out which software works best on each computer. It can identify which hardware has had issues with which software. It can also help you pick out software that runs well on the specific model of PC youíre using, based on other users.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Arthur; 7th June 2010 at 08:45 PM.

2. Thanks to Arthur from:

PiqueABoo (8th June 2010)

Thank Post
    Go to start -run and type in msconfig this will load a small program - select the startup tab and you can see the crap that is loading on startup. The rest is self explanatory

Kili

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,389 Times in 1,769 Posts
    While you can use MSConfig or Autoruns to do that, neither will tell you how long each program takes to load which is the main point of this program.

I would say the program most similar to Soluto would be Process Monitor when you enable the boot logging feature. However, this will generate huge log files which are time consuming to go through and too complicated for normal computer users to understand.

Thank Post
    Potentially useful (assuming it works). I've used MS Bootvis for this in the past, but that stopped working for me quite a while back... and yup, procmon through a boot & login does my head in too.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Shame I can't get it to work servers seem to be overloaded all the while.. I think program has great potential as it takes the manual steps of working out the process and if they are needed.

However at moment it reboots and then tries to workout the startup programs afterwards and it says internet connection is down (reading online this means the servers are overloaded)

Russ

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread