DrPerceptron Posted December 17, 2008 Posted December 17, 2008 I've just been informed about these two services Dell are offereing. Does anyone else use either of them, do they find it much better? For anyone not familiar... iSupport is Dell's Call Logging system, so being a member allows you log your own ticket straight into it, without going through the switchboard, giving the STag to 3 different indians, before speaking to an Irish helpdesk guy/gal FTD allows you to book up parts and/or engineers to fix/replace components etc. They still recommend telephoning for critical issues... which is fair enough, wouldn't want it to end up like the IT Crowd.... [nomedia=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XdQ8qvndIGM]YouTube - IT Crowd - FIRE! FIRE! HELP![/nomedia]
adamf Posted January 1, 2009 Posted January 1, 2009 I've signed up myself and all my technicans for Fast Track Dispatch before we broke up. I've yet to use it and can only use it on a certain number of our machines with ProSupport warranties, thats the downside, otherwise it looks a good concept! Whats iSupport all about, I couldn't find anything on the website about it?
DrPerceptron Posted January 1, 2009 Author Posted January 1, 2009 hmm, I wasn't aware that you were restricted to ProSupport Warranties.. then again, never got round to using either - I only signed up at the end of term too, never really read any of the stuff, just signed up since it was free! If it's restricted to ProSupport Warranties only, it becomes slightly less useful... I attached the two PDF's our Technical Account Manager sent, might need to ask him/her about it.FAST-TRACK_DISPATCH_Customer_verview.pdfiSupport - How to use - Customer version 1.2.pdf
adamf Posted February 15, 2009 Posted February 15, 2009 If you've got ProSupport warranties it is a good service. I've logged 2 warranty requests now, one for a latitude keyboard and one for a optiplex CPU fan - even if it did take me 20 minutes to find the right part number for the fan! Some of the names for the parts are very ambiguous but things like HDDs and keyboards are sensibly named.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now